AGM 2018 & Open Board Positions
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I’m pleased to announce that the 2018 IIBA Vancouver Chapter Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Thursday, November 22, 2018 at UBC Robson Square. Please join us to learn about our activities over the past year and our plans for the future of your Chapter.
2018 has been another successful year so far, with many sold-out events. Thanks to the hard work of Board members and volunteers, we hosted:
- Five speaker events (plans for more speaker events this fall are in the works!)
- The SAFe® Workshop with Darren Radford
- The Road to Business Agility with Roger Burlton (co-hosted with UBC Sauder)
- A very successful Summer Social event held at Mahony & Sons at Canada Place
Additionally, we have continued our:
- Study group sessions based on BABOK® v3
- Partnership with Project World*Business Analyst World Vancouver (scheduled for September 24 to the 27) to support BA professional development
We are in the process of planning for:
- An Executive Breakfast on September 20, 2018
- Another social event in conjunction with PW*BA World on September 24, 2018
- Holiday social event on December 4, 2018 (Steamworks has been secured as our venue)
- Our first Professional Development Day, scheduled for March 2, 2019
If you are not currently a member of the Chapter, this is a great time to join (or renew).
This is my second year as Chapter President in my 2-year term. My experience on the Board has been very rewarding and I look forward to continuing to be part of our BA community.
Being a member of the Board is an ideal way to build your network with truly lasting connections. I encourage you to consider standing for an open Board position to bring your ideas and enthusiasm to the Chapter and our BA community.
This year, the following positions are at the end of their two-year term and are up for election:
The following positions are also open for a one-year term as the board members have selected to serve one year:
If you would like more information about the responsibilities of these roles or the Chapter by-laws, please click here for more information. If you have any questions about the Chapter or the positions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
How to apply for a Board position:
Send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are interested in, along with a brief description of why you are interested.
Note: These are volunteer (unpaid) positions. You must be a member of IIBA International and IIBA Vancouver Chapter to be eligible to be a Board member. When more than one name is put forward for a position, a vote will be taken at the AGM.