Welcome to the IIBA Vancouver Chapter Mentorship Program!
What is Mentorship Program
The Program is designed for connecting the people who have specific skills and knowledge (Mentors) with individuals (Mentees) who need or want the same skills and advantage to move up in work, skill levels or work performance in the Business Analysis. It has been established to connect the members of IIBA Vancouver Chapter, focused on encouraging and supporting the development of our members in their business analysis skills.
Who is a Mentor?
The Mentors act as guides through times and point the Mentees in the right direction. In this program Mentors play an important part with their adequate experience and expertise in Business Analysis industry for the personal and professional development of Mentees. A Mentor will gain the following benefits from the Program:
- Increase their mentoring skills which they can use in numerous personal and professional areas
- Demonstrate leadership and capability-building skills
- Gain exposure to new ideas, technologies, and perspectives through interaction with mentees
- Enhanced challenges and interests
Eligibility: anyone with significant BA experience and willingness to help their fellow BAs in professional growth.
Who is a Mentee?
A Mentee in this program is an aspiring candidate in Business Analysis career and looking for guidance and support to grow in the industry and establish benchmarks for others. A Mentee will gain the following benefits from the Program:
- Enhance knowledge of business analysis skills and techniques
- A trusted, learning environment
- Career planning and development
- Time management and organizational skills
Eligibility: must be a member of the IIBA global.
How long is the program?
The minimum commitment is 3 meetings (up to 1 hour) over the period of 3 months. Interim results to be shared with IIBA no later than 6 months for CDU tracking and Program improvement.
What you should not expect from the Program:
- Job training or job shadowing
- Therapy. It should not be devoted to solving personal problems
- A job placement service
- A forum to vent out emotions against an employer
- A shortcut to certification
To register as a Mentor or Mentee, please fill out the form. Once you have completed and submitted the application, we will review, match a mentor to a mentee, and contact you with the next steps.
For questions regarding the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.