Local Job Postings
Welcome to the local job postings page for the Vancouver Chapter of the IIBA. This page is provided as a service to our BA Community to assist in connecting local opportunities with potential candidates. Opportunities listed below will take you to the employers site and are not the responsibility of the IIBA. If you wish to post on opportunity on this page, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Junior Data Analyst
Organization: BC Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General
Salary: $58,629.96 - $66,726.25 annually
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Are you a curious data-minded individual? Do you enjoy wrangling and analyzing complex data sets to find a meaningful story?
We currently have one 18 month temporary vacancy available which may become permanent.
RoadSafetyBC is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join our agile Business Intelligence team, supporting our goal of making information more functional and accessible, and empowering RSBC employees with the benchmarks, metrics and insights they need to improve operational performance.
Role: Senior Team Lead, Business Analysis
Organization: BC Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
Salary: $76,442.17 - $87,354.80 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Deadline: August 6, 2019
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction focuses on providing British Columbians in need with a system of supports to help them achieve their social and economic potential. The Ministry of Children and Family Development works together with numerous service partners to deliver inclusive, culturally respectful, responsive and accessible services that support the well-being of children, youth and families.
We are seeking a visionary IM/IT business professional to lead and support ongoing business and technology needs and the integration of highly effective IM/IT initiatives.
Role: Business Analyst - Knowledge Philanthropist (Volunteer)
Organization: Association of Neighbourhood Houses BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: Sep 2019
End Date: Dec 2019
Time Commitment: ~60-80 Hours over 3 months
ANHBC plays a leadership role in building healthy and engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and strengthening their capacity to create change. ANHBC’s central office, eight neighbourhood houses and outdoor camp currently use Sumac, a specialized CRM platform, for donor volunteer and membership management.
This project will:
- Help ANHBC to understand its’ current business processes for donor, volunteer and membership management and evaluate how effectively and efficiently the current CRM is supporting these processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in these three business processes
- Engage users and stakeholders at all ANHBC locations to produce high level requirements gathering and analysis
Role: Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Burnaby, BC
Vega is a high-growth, natural health food and supplement company on Profit Magazine’s Profit 100 list of fastest growing companies the last five years with a passion for people. Our premium, award-winning brand is at the forefront of the plant-based, whole food revolution. Vega has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada and has been recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Women. We honor a triple bottom line approach to business placing emphasis on people, planet and performance. Join a great team atmosphere with a driven, vivacious group of people.
An exciting and challenging position exists as a Business Intelligence Developer at Vega’s head office in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Business Analyst Manager, this role will help expand our business intelligence tool-set using both Tableau and our SQL based Data Warehouse. In this role your primary focus will be to develop and support the organization’s corporate reporting needs. You will work closely with end users and the Data Architect to determine the best solution to meet the business requirements. Our mission is to build sound, sustainable processes and you will play a key role in the SDLC including: planning, development, testing, migration and production support for data warehouse activities.
To be successful in this role you will bring experience in developing tableau reports and/or translate your knowledge of SQL to build out complex measures. You have experience working with end users and knack for asking the right questions.
You have a strong passion for details and you are a super-sleuth when it comes to investigating issues. You show initiative in everything you do and are always looking for ways to improve. You are open to new ideas, and you know that feedback from others helps you grow and allows you to thrive. As a performance-driven individual, you create solutions for your team and show up every day ready for a new adventure. You believe in contributing to culture – not just talking about it – and you live (and love) the Vega culture: health, fitness, and striving for always better.
Learn more at: https://myvega.ca/blogs/careers/bi-developer
Role: Business Analyst (Senior and Intermedidate)
Term: 2 year
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of project management, quality assurance, change management disciplines and best practices; and development methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in producing BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering/improvement, data analysis and data modeling (conceptual, logical)
- Experience in producing two or more of the following: BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs
If you are interested, contact Soraya Savji at email@example.com.
Role: Advanced Business Analyst
Organization: Electronic Arts
Location: Burnaby, BC
EA was founded over 37 years ago. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by our goal of inspiring the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Fueled by our talented staff across the Globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Central Development Services (CDS) team at EA partners directly with all game teams across different studios. Everything we do is in support of providing timely and actionable insights on the quality of our products throughout the development lifecycle. Another CDS key supporting function is to ensure our game titles reach different regions in the world through our Localization group. We are a distributed, cross-functional team filled with very creative people; You will have an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies in an environment that fosters creative solutions to support game development.
As a key member of the Analytics Team within CDS you will:
- Participate in a diverse range of projects, from operational to strategic initiatives-related, in response to current and future business needs
- Conduct initial discovery exercise to unearth key pain points, deficiencies, and root causes of a business problem
- Organize and lead requirements gathering sessions to capture business processes, user workflows, user stories, data models and current state from internal partners
- Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations on effective solutions to the stated needs
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written, clear documentation and cohesive presentations
- Support the full development cycle including requirements analysis, solution design, development, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including: development, business development, marketing, finance, QA, Legal, first parties, external vendors, etc.
- Manage expectations and risks throughout a project life cycle
- Monitor and maintain projects after initial release; prioritize defects, measure and support client service impact, measure and track performance metrics and help define enhancement opportunities
- Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude
Who You Are
- Result-oriented individual with minimum of 5 years of professional experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis
- Solid understanding in Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) processes and methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, interactive, etc.)
- Professional experience in technology evaluation, assessment and roadmap development
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems
- Confident and succinct communicator that can interface with stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Highly motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet evolving deadlines due to business demand
- Proven track record in completing projects and producing high quality results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
- Previous working experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in creating reports and dashboards using data visualization software packages (eg. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Domain knowledge in data manipulation, processing, and reporting
- Domain knowledge in QA and software development testing principles
Domestic and international travel may be required.