Local Job Postings
Welcome to the local job postings page for the Vancouver Chapter of the IIBA. This page is provided as a service to our BA Community to assist in connecting local opportunities with potential candidates. Opportunities listed below will take you to the employers site and are not the responsibility of the IIBA. If you wish to post on opportunity on this page, please send your information to email@example.com
Role: Business Analyst
Organization: City of Port Coquitlam
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
The City of Port Coquitlam is seeking an energetic individual to join our Finance Department as a Business Analyst. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning and Systems, the incumbent will focus on the business applications and processes that support the City’s financial operations.
The successful candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration;
- A recognized professional accounting designation; and
- Certification and training in business analysis, and/or change management, and/or project management and/or quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform; and
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Learn more at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs
Roles: Business Analyst I and II
Organization: British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: Sep 30, 2019
Are you passionate about using cutting-edge Business Analysis techniques to optimize business processes? Are you excited about working in an innovative, fast-paced and collaborative organization committed to learning and dedicated to making a difference in the world of health regulation?
Does this sound like you?
You are an avid process streamliner, and are on top of the latest Business Analysis tools and best practices currently used today. You have noteworthy analytical skills, communication skills and the proven ability to build meaningful relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Who we are
BCCNP is the college empowered under the Health Professions Act to regulate the practice of all licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and nurse practitioners in British Columbia. Regulation helps to protect the public by ensuring that professional care or service received by the public is competent, ethical and meets the standards that society views as acceptable.
At BCCNP each of us strives to meet our commitment to the following values to maintain a workplace that is respectful and supports the well-being of every BCCNP employee:
- Trust is essential
- Better together
- Speak the truth
- Protect the public
- Stay curious
As a member of the team, you can expect to be treated in a respectful and professional manner. While your workload will be busy, the college supports staff in achieving a healthy work-life balance.
Learn more at:
Business Analyst I - https://www.bccnp.ca/bccnp/Careers/Pages/business_analyst_I.aspx
Business Analyst II - https://www.bccnp.ca/bccnp/Careers/Pages/business_analyst_II.aspx
Role: Business Analyst - Knowledge Philanthropist (Volunteer)
Organization: Association of Neighbourhood Houses BC
Location: Vancouver, BC
Start Date: Sep 2019
End Date: Dec 2019
Time Commitment: ~60-80 Hours over 3 months
ANHBC plays a leadership role in building healthy and engaged neighbourhoods by connecting people and strengthening their capacity to create change. ANHBC’s central office, eight neighbourhood houses and outdoor camp currently use Sumac, a specialized CRM platform, for donor volunteer and membership management.
This project will:
- Help ANHBC to understand its’ current business processes for donor, volunteer and membership management and evaluate how effectively and efficiently the current CRM is supporting these processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in these three business processes
- Engage users and stakeholders at all ANHBC locations to produce high level requirements gathering and analysis
Role: Business Analyst (Senior and Intermediate)
Term: 2 year
Our client is looking for up to 16 Business Analysts (both senior and intermediate) to work on a large, enterprise-side transformation. They are undergoing a multiyear ERP implementation and require resources to help them maintain full business functionality by ensuring their current critical applications are functioning throughout the process.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of project management, quality assurance, change management disciplines and best practices; and development methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in producing BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs.
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering/improvement, data analysis and data modeling (conceptual, logical)
- Experience in producing two or more of the following: BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs
If you are interested, contact Soraya Savji at firstname.lastname@example.org.