Local Job Postings
Welcome to the local job postings page for the Vancouver Chapter of the IIBA. This page is provided as a service to our BA Community to assist in connecting local opportunities with potential candidates. Opportunities listed below will take you to the employers site and are not the responsibility of the IIBA. If you wish to post on opportunity on this page, please send your information to email@example.com
Role: Junior Business Systems Analyst
Organization: Pharmasave Drugs
Location: Langley, BC
Closing Date: Oct 28, 2019
The successful candidate will join our Business Systems team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Business Systems Manager, the Junior Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the business to gather, document and evaluate business requirements for new projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will work with both development and business teams across a variety of projects and deliver support in many areas of the business.
- Evaluate and document business and systems requirements.
- Develop and maintain process maps, capturing user requirements and expected outcomes.
- Work with software-development partner to provide the necessary documentation to develop and configure software to be aligned with business needs.
- Participate and coordinate unit and integration testing during different phases of projects including the development of test-case scenarios.
- Assist with development, testing, and rollout of sustainment releases and various new projects
- Responsible for incident management, troubleshooting and verifying remediation action.
- Develop end-user training material and deliver training sessions.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- Certification in Business Analysis and/or a University degree
- A minimum of two years current relevant experience or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven commitment to providing and maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with emphasis on understanding business processes and supporting team members to troubleshoot and solve system issues
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team player - working well with cross-departmental teams.
- High level of professionalism and ethics.
- Experience in the retail sector is highly recommended
If your profile matches our requirements, please forward a résumé stating wage expectations in confidence to the Business Technology Department via email:firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28, 2019.
Note: Please identify the complete position title in the subject line of your email.
Please do not fax or mail your resumes, email online only. This position is only open to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants in advance, howeveronly short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Location: Kamloops, BC
At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan “Playing it Right”. From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ—directly and indirectly—almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of cross functional product teams within eGaming, Lottery and/or Casino business lines. They act as a consultative partner, providing advanced level analytical and requirements management expertise under Agile methodology.
Accountabilities include leading business analysis efforts through planning, facilitating, requirements documentation, providing analysis expertise, and support to other cross-functional areas within the team to enable successful team delivery.
To find out more and apply, please visit: https://careers.bclc.com/job/Vancouver-Senior-Business-Analyst-BC/536290017/
Role: Business Analyst
Organization: City of Port Coquitlam
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
The City of Port Coquitlam is seeking an energetic individual to join our Finance Department as a Business Analyst. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning and Systems, the incumbent will focus on the business applications and processes that support the City’s financial operations.
The successful candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Administration;
- A recognized professional accounting designation; and
- Certification and training in business analysis, and/or change management, and/or project management and/or quality improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact;
- We care deeply about the community we serve;
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform; and
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
Learn more at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs